January 24, 2013
Dear Current Sponsor:
Thank you for your support this past year. We are so thankful for you and praise God for what He is doing to care for our children in Zambia. This past year we added a second rental property and increased the number of children from 20 to 30. We now have 20 girls and 10 boys. There are a couple of the children who need sponsorship. If you would be interested in sponsoring a child, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. 2012 was an exciting year. Here is a recap of some of the most significant events and a look at 2013.
- We acquired a 29 passenger bus for transporting the children to school and church, thanks to a single donor. God Bless.
- We broke ground and constructed our first building. A team of 10 Americans and 20 Zambians worked side by side for two weeks. Praise God for what was accomplished and the friendships formed.
- In addition to the building, an irrigation system was installed to water our coffee plants.
- In November 3,600 coffee seedlings were planted that will bear their first crop in May 2014.
- Lafarge, a global cement company with a plant in Ndola, partnered with LHI to provide 100% of our future cement needs. A huge blessing.
- We held our 5th annual LHI golf outing and the 3nd annual 5K run for a future. Thanks to all who participated.
- The OakPointe Players performed “Sound of Music” with all proceeds going to LHI. Thanks to the directors, actors and crew.
- Added an additional Board member to gain unique knowledge and expertise in brand marketing and the use of social media.
- We became aware of and are pursuing an opportunity to acquire a 150 acre coffee plantation located ½ mile from our land.
- Kicked off our pledge drive to solicit 1,000 donors to donate $500a year for four years.
Things to Accomplish and Look Forward to in 2013:
- Acquire the coffee plantation, if it is God’s will, and attain financial self-sufficiency through the marketing of the coffee to churches and individual church members that are a part of the EACH campaign.
- Expand our corporate sponsorship support beyond Lafarge to other local and foreign corporations doing business in Zambia.
- Finalize the first building and employ a General Contractor to supervise and accelerate the building of the campus.
- Begin work on the Medical Clinic and Church.
- Install the agricultural well tower and tank.
- Clear additional land, expand the irrigation system and plant additional coffee seedlings in November.
- Conduct two Vision trips (summer and fall) to highlight the mission of LHI to interested parties.
- Add an additional Board member to oversee Education.
- The OPC Players will perform “Fiddler on the Roof” March 1st, 2nd & 3rd. All proceeds will be donated to LHI. Please attend. You will enjoy.
- The annual golf outing in July and the 5K run in October.
God Bless you all,
Lee & Trina Davis