December 9, 2013
Dear Sponsors and Supporters,
Thank you for your support this past year. We are so thankful for you and praise God for what He is doing to care for our children in Zambia. We now have 20 girls and 10 boys. There are a few of the children who need sponsorship. If you know someone who would be interested in sponsoring a child, please have them contact us at the address below or e-mail email@example.com. Here is a recap of some of the most significant events and a look at 2014.
- Chuck Gaidica graciously donated his Cuddle Alert Bears and books for sale at Christmas 2012 to raise funds for LHI. He also autographed the books for buyers.
- The OakPointe Players performed Fiddler on the Roof to sellout crowds and raised significant monies for LHI.
- LHI conducted its 6th annual golf outing and it was the best year so far.
- Eight members of OPC once again traveled to Zambia to construct a building, but more importantly, they are reaching out to help a Zambian co-worker who is going blind from chemical burns. Stay tuned for more news about how you can help.
- The LHI children participated in a 2 week Performing Arts Camp that concluded with a performance on stage at the Simba International School to a packed house of 400 attendees. It was a tremendous community outreach. As a result, a South African construction company partnered with LHI to clear the coffee acreage and the soccer field with their heavy equipment.
- Tensi, a 7 year old girl was adopted into the LHI home.
- LHI refocused its Run-for-Hope from a 5K to the Detroit Marathon. Thanks to all the 2013 participants. It was a great success.
- Constructed a 175,000 gallon reservoir and finalized the coffee irrigation system.
- Constructed a nursery for growing coffee seedlings and planted another 2.5 acres.
- The Novi Jaguars Soccer Club donated uniforms, shoe and equipment to LHI. As a result, our LHI boys are participating in a local soccer league.
- We have added security guards 24/7 at both LHI homes and we have increased the number of housemothers from 5 to 7.
Things to Accomplish and Look Forward to in 2014:
- The OPC Players will perform Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for the benefit of LHI. March 7th, 8th & 9th.
- Pastor Davies Chipoya, Zambian Director of LHI, and his wife, Josephine, will visit OPC in conjunction with Joseph.
- We will begin marketing LHI coffee in conjunction with Joseph.
- Trips to Zambia – we are targeting a Construction trip in April, perhaps another Performing Arts Camp in June and a Vision trip in October/November.
- Our first coffee harvest will begin in May.
- We will be partnering with Moody Theological Seminary to train our Zambian staff in improved methods of caregiving.
- The 7th annual LHI Golf Outing in July.
- The 2nd annual LHI Detroit Marathon Run-for-Hope in October.
As 2013 draws to a close, I would like to remind you that the work LHI does requires donors like you. Without your support, we cannot continue to defend the cause of the fatherless. If you have been blessed and have the opportunity to make a charitable donation before yearend please consider LHI. Please also consider pledging to our building fund. I have attached a pledge card for your use. Fill it out accordingly and return it to the address indicated at the bottom of this letter.
May God bless you all,
Lee & Trina Davis